History and Accreditation
The mission of Laurus College is to serve as a quality institution of higher education dedicated to creating a quality experience for all of its students by combining career focused programs and the necessary fundamentals of learning that supply the tools needed to succeed in the 21st century, enabling our students to lay the foundation to get further education that will augment their careers.
• Provide a quality education within a well-planned, relevant, and concise curriculum to give students success in their chosen field.
• Educate students with relevant technology, equipment, and tools used in the program area.
• To give students an educational basis that they may use for further educational endeavors
• Provide and develop personal growth and life skills through participation in all classes, cultural enrichment opportunities, and/or guest lectures.
• Provide a skilled and experienced educational faculty and staff devoted to the personal and professional skill development of each student.
• Provide student services to assist students in obtaining the needed skills and employment assistance in their selected career field.
History of Laurus College
Laurus is derived from a Latin word meaning success. We at Laurus College strive to make our learning environment a place where caring and excellence thrives. The name of our college signifies our commitment to our goal of success for students and serves as a reminder of our most important mission, a quality education and a quality experience.
Laurus College is a private post secondary institution and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Laurus College, LLC. Laurus College, LLC helped to develop this college in order to offer a quality education and a quality experience for students seeking a unique college experience. Laurus College, LLC was founded in 2006, and is proud to open its first campuses in the state of California. The colleges were formerly known as Atlas Computer Centers and were established in 1998. Laurus College, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qe2 Systems, Inc, a Michigan corporation incorporated in 2004.
Licensure and Approvals
Laurus College is a private postsecondary institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations.
Laurus College gained this approval in March 2006 and is formed under the laws of the State of California. Laurus College, formerly Atlas Computer Centers, received a Change of Ownership approval from the Bureau in March 2006. Atlas Computer Centers received its most recent approval to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education in October 2003, and has been in continuous operation since 1998. Laurus College is recognized by the new California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE), which became effective January 1, 2010.
Laurus College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Occupational Associate Degrees and Certificates. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Laurus College is also recognized by the United States Department of Education to offer students enrolled in select programs Federal Student Financial Aid for those who qualify.